Friday, July 30, 2010

Jealousy. Envy. Jealousy

That nasty, horrible, mortifying feeling we ought to have at least once in our life time.

 Light_Green_Eye

“Enviousness. Envy and jealousy are very close in meaning.Envy denotes a longing to possess something awarded to or achieved by another: to feel envy when a friend inherits a fortune.Jealousy, on the other hand, denotes a feeling of resentment that another has gained something that one more rightfully deserves: to feel jealousy when a co worker receives a promotion. Jealousy also refers to anguish caused by fear of unfaithfulness. 4. resent.Envy, begrudge, covet refer to one's attitude toward the possessions or attainments of others. To envy is to feel resentful and unhappy because someone else possesses, or has achieved,what one wishes oneself to possess, or to have achieved: to envy the wealthy, a woman's beauty, an honest man's reputation.” –Dictionary.com :)

“Envy is the mud that failures throw at success”

There’s always that feeling of envy whenever we see something we want so bad. It can be as little as a bag or a piece of earrings, to something as big as life. Why do we have them? i mean, it feels awful! Looking at someone having the things you want just makes you go..rfgcierhfiuerhfierf. For example, I for one, am a not-so-smart person. I look to my right, I look to my left I see people doing better than me; way better.

 The feeling of envy comes out. The green eyed monster comes out to get me, and eats me alive.

I want that. I want their intelligence, compassion, leadership. I see all of the names that comes out on the academic excellence list; “what do they have that I don’t?” I ask myself. Willingness. That drive that makes them WANT to do a better job. Correction a GREAT job. When someone does something a heck of a lot better than me, I wish i hadn’t seen it. I wish i did better than them. Why? because that beastly feeling of envy overshadows my thinking, and for that one split second (ok…more than that) i don’t like them as much. That’s when the feeling of jealousy comes along. I know it’s not right for me to be jealous, because we all know that they most probably deserved it, but who doesn’t want to be better than other people?

Jealousy. Just like envy; we hate it. It overshadows everything that is logical. It screws up your mind, your way of thinking. It makes everything stupid and illogical. We mostly use the term jealousy in love and relationships (whether it’s about parents, bf, gf, friends). I honestly have never came across that feeling (well unless sibling jealousy; I've had that many many times) until recently, and BOY was it horrible! The things i had in mind was stab, stab, stab. No yank it’s hair off! 

I guess the reason why I wrote this post was that we can’t hide or run away from these feelings; were going to have them one way or another, wether it’s now or later in the future. And when you do have them, keep it to yourself and keep it in control, you don’t want to end up crazy like Annie Wilkes from Misery ;p

2 comments:

  1. LOL but why? my voice isn't even good. It's quite average and manly sumtimes lol -arj

    ReplyDelete