Sunday, July 4, 2010

Future Career

A doctor. An astronaut. A vet. A teacher. The president.

WRONG.

Those are the  dreams we had when we were little kids; and by little i mean supeeeeeeeeeer young. The old, naive, foolish, version of ourselves. But hey, there are people who actually strive to get their dreams come true… and i’m not one of those peeps. I honestly can’t remember what i wanted to be when i was young and naive, i don’t even know what i want to do now. (a spy!!)

Journalist.
Well i want to be a journalist. Sort of. As you can see I'm not that good of a writer, I'm a B+ English student. not even an A :( However i still want to be a journalist. Not much of the writer type, but more of the reporter, tv anchor, documentarist (is that even a  word, idts) ..aaand i still have to be able to write a great piece of some type of writing genre. –ok i don’t think i’m making much sense now- I want to be able to investigate the real problems happening in our non-perfect world, and present them to people, VIEWERS! and tell them “Look at what’s happening!” I want to sneak around, get assignments to expose some type of conspiracy theory. Ah! the joy of being a journalist :) Sadly, i’m pretty sure, my school grades aren’t going to help me to do a course in journalism. OP 4. OP 4!! i’m not that smart, heck, i’m even smart at all, i just have the drive to do it, THE PASSION! I can smell the victory of exposing a scandal. :D *sigh*  I’m not naive anymore, i know i can’t get any future in journalism (mum wont let me  ), but i can still have a sneak peek of it, that’s why i’m attending the “Careers that shape our world” at UQ.

On other reason is because my parents won’t let me. They can see the big picture, they know i’m not one of those bright asians (lol) so they don’t expect me to do that kind of job. aaaaand they also know that in a western (Aus) country, people would choose a caucasian anytime over an asian, to put on the tv screen (local channels). PFFSSSSH DAMN YOU FTV PPL!! Meh, who cares. If i do pursue this career, i’d get an awesome job at SBS or Nat. geo or one of thos tv cable shows where they accept non-white people! eat that wonderbreads!

Environmentalist.
Another thing i would really like to do is pursue something in environmental management. Either a conservationist or sustainable planning. I still don’t know what to choose, outdoors in the wild working with mother nature, or stay in a office? hmm…. i think i’d rather be outdoors, but then i always picture myself in a working suit. hahaha  anywho i want to be able to save endangered flora and fauna’s, protect the earth, and prevent people from making it into a ball of nothingness. Why do people do bad things to mother nature? when mother nature strikes back, no one likes it,  so be good to it :) Another reason why i would like to pursue this career is, it’s something not out of my league (i think). OP 12. I can get atleast a 12 right? sigh, i hope so. but i want that single digit OP. amin :)

Maybe, i can even combine my passion for journalism and environment together. Work for discovery channel, nat.geography, anhijmal planet, or anything that relates to journalism and environmental science really. hmmm…that would be an awesome job :) aaaah i’m dreaming away. GET BACK TO EARTH, NOW!

Well, that concludes my session of blabbing on about my undecided future career. (HELP!)
i shall leave you to your awesome time on this wondrous worldwide web :) adieu






i still want to be a….

 

 

 

 

SPY

No comments:

Post a Comment